Saturday, August 25, 2012

Keeping to Plan

I like a plan. I scope out my running week in terms of miles. Now that I am recovering from a summer of knee pain, I am trying to add small amounts of mile increases on some of my slow runs.

I learned my lesson back in May, when my excitement with my new found love of running had me pushing up my mileage too quickly. Eventually, I stressed out my system and it all fell apart.

10% increases now. Slow build. Listen to the body for sighs of fatigue.

One thing I have trouble accounting for is an ornery toddler who is not too fond of sleeping. Pre-dawn running on 2 to 3 hours of sleep is tough.. more like the act of getting out of bed and starting the process in the dark.

So, I'm off plan today and it will be picking at me all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment