Friday, October 18, 2013

A Shameful Week

Let's see if this public shaming works as a motivator to get me out the door.

So, on to the last week's training ending October 13th. Another soft week in a month of soft weeks.

10/7/13
Mon - Nothing

10/8/13
Tue - 0:49:50 - 5.84 miles (825') - Powerline Loop
After a completely crap day at work, it felt good to get out in the dark and do some climbing. This loop winds gradually uphill through some local neighborhoods until I get underneath the lines and climb and old school trail. Weird to do this much climbing in the dark, but sometimes its better when you can't see the top. The woods were cool and misty. Felt the Halloween season approaching. A bit spooky.

10/9/13
Wed - Zilch

10/10/13
Thurs - 0:37:51 - 4.5 miles (375') - Summit to BK Heights (from the train)
Decided that I had to force myself to run (my little one has decided that sleep is for weaklings). I just haven't been able to get up at 5am to get on the road, so this time I packed my kit in a bag and brought it to work with me. On my way home, I jumped off the train a few stops early and ran it home. Nice run overall. Need to do this more.

10/11/13
Fri - Big plans but nothing came of it

10/12/13
Sat - Same a Friday

10/13/13
Sun - 1:05:00 - 6 miles (600') - Watchung Reservation (Off-trail and Sierra Trail)
Met up with Dave from the Watchung Reservation Running Club and his dog Sally for an easy run through the reservation. Took some semi off-trail routes which meant some leg shredding from under-used and over-grown trails. Overall, a nice run in the beautiful fall foliage.

Miles: 16.34
Hours: 2:32
Elevation: 1800'

To summarize, a pretty weak week. Consider me ashamed.




No comments:

Post a Comment