Monday, October 28, 2013

Week Ending 10/27/2013

I was going into this week knowing that I had to turn some type of corner, that last week was a bottom. It had to get better.

Started the week well motivated and got out a few times. Eventually, the cumulative affect of two sniffly, snotty kids put an end to it.

I found redemption by getting out on the trails with some folks from my running club. It was cold, and a hard run, but it made up for the last two weeks of no effort.


10/21/13
Mon - 0:29:45 - 3.65 miles (275') - Short (cold) Loop
After basically the last week off from running, I finally dragged myself from the hole I've been living in to get a quick, very cold run under a morning nearly-full moon. I was caught off-guard a bit by the cold temp but it helped move me along. Feeling out of shape, but I was happy to know that I can still get up and get out at 5am.

10/22/13
Tue - 0:52:12 - 6.05 miles (800') - New Prov Loop w. Powerlines thrown in
Had a chance to get out and run when the sun was up so I threw in a quick climb of the powerlines. It's a 300' climb with an average grade of about 25%. Hard not to stop and enjoy the view, but I use this climb to find a quick burn before I hit the roads for a few miles.

View from the top of the powerlines. What you can't see if the drop-off.

10/16/13
Wed - Sick children had me up all night

10/17/13
Thurs - Ditto

10/18/13
Fri - Now I'm starting to feel the cold

10/19/13
Sat - 2:00:00 - 11.2 miles (1800') - Sierra Trail with Watchung Res. Running Club
Out for a very early, very cold morning run of the Sierra Trail. Again, hit the ridge line at sunrise. Got a spend a few seconds looking at the glowing horizon. Picked up the pace the last few miles and turned this into a tempo run. Overall, felt great but started to get sloppy towards the end. Nothing like catching a toe on a root and doing the 10-step catch-up-to-your-head-dance to wake you out of your morning fog.

Separate note, had an opportunity to discuss running The Devil's Path with Brett after the winter. I've been intrigued by this and was happy to find someone thinking the same thing as me. Going to have to spend the winter doing my research.

10/20/13
Sun - 1:00:00 - 3 miles (600') - Chimney Rock Park Trails
A family hike along Chimney Rock's trails. Roman lead the way. Legs were tight and ankle a little tender from some of my toe-slams from the day before, so this was a nice way to loosen up and enjoy some time with the family. I like hiking with Marcus attached. 25 lbs of weight is noticeable.


Miles: 23.9
Hours: 4:21:57
Elevation: 3,475'





Had to include something from this man. Had a big impact on my early years.



No comments:

Post a Comment